Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
Detective and mystery stories, American
Suspense fiction, American
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"A V.I. Warshawski novel"--Dust jacket.|
|Description:||xiv, 465 pages ; 24 cm|
" New York Times-bestselling author Sara Paretsky's brilliant protagonist V.I. Warshawski returns in another hard-hitting entry, combining razor-sharp plotting and compelling characters with a heady mix of timely political and social themes. V.I. Warshawski's closest friend in Chicago is the Viennese-born doctor Lotty Herschel, who lost most of her family in the Holocaust. Lotty escaped to London in 1939 on the Kindertransport with a childhood playmate, Kitty Saginor Binder. When Kitty's daughter finds her life is in danger, she calls Lotty, who, in turn, summons V.I. to help. The daughter's troubles turn out to be just the tip of an iceberg of lies, secrets, and silence, whose origins go back to the mad competition among America, Germany, Japan and England to develop the first atomic bomb. The secrets are old, but the people who continue to guard them today will not let go of them without a fight. "--
Retrieving notes about this item
- Warshawski, V. I. (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Women private investigators -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Fiction.
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Fiction.
- FICTION / Thrillers.
- FICTION / Mystery & Detective / Women Sleuths.
- FICTION / Mystery & Detective / Hard-Boiled.
- Warshawski, V. I. (Fictitious character)
- Women private investigators.
- Illinois -- Chicago.
- Amerikanisches Englisch.
User lists with this item (4)
- Sara Paretsky - V. I. Warshawski(17 items)
by PamelaHaines updated 2014-01-29
- New Fiction - Oklahoma Department of Libraries(86 items)
by okdeptlibraries updated about 3 weeks ago
- 2013 - New Fiction Titles(494 items)
by nblibrary updated 2014-01-02
- Most popular additions for October 2013(100 items)
by jamesfitch updated 2013-11-01