Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
Detective and mystery stories, American
Suspense fiction, American
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Patricia Daniels Cornwell
|Description:||495 pages ; 25 cm.|
"The new Kay Scarpetta novel . . . . After working one of the worst mass killings in U.S. history, Scarpetta returns home to Cambridge, Massachusetts. Exhausted and ill, she's recovering at home when she receives an unsettling call. The body of a young woman has been discovered on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's rugby field. The victim, a graduate student named Gail Shipman, is oddly draped in ivory linen and posed in a way that is too deliberate to be the killer's first strike. A preliminary examination in the sea of red mud where the body has been left also reveals a bizarre residue that fluoresces blood red, emerald green and sapphire blue. Physical evidence links the case to a series of uniquely weird homicides in Washington, D.C., where Scarpetta's FBI husband has been deployed to help capture a serial killer dubbed the Capital Murderer. The cases all connect and yet seem to conflict. Gail Shipman was murdered for financial gain-or was she? It will require the usual ensemble of characters to find out the truth, including Scarpetta's sidekick Pete Marino, who has undergone a drastic change in his life that places him center stage in a Cambridge investigation that puts everyone at risk" --
Retrieving notes about this item
- Scarpetta, Kay (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Medical examiners (Law) -- Fiction.
- Forensic pathologists -- Fiction.
- Murder victims -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge -- Fiction.
- Serial murders -- Washington (D.C.) -- Fiction.
- Cambridge (Mass.) -- Fiction.
- Washington (D.C.) -- Fiction.
- FICTION / Thrillers.
- FICTION / Suspense.
- FICTION / Crime.
- Forensic pathologists.
- Medical examiners (Law)
- Murder victims.
- Scarpetta, Kay (Fictitious character)
- Serial murders.
- Massachusetts -- Cambridge.
- Washington (D.C.)
- Amerikanisches Englisch.
User lists with this item (8)
- New Fiction - Oklahoma Department of Libraries(86 items)
by okdeptlibraries updated about 3 weeks ago
- Staff Picks - Oklahoma Department of Libraries(28 items)
by okdeptlibraries updated about a month ago
- itruong2013-11(55 items)
by itruong updated 2014-01-14
- Things to Check Out(4 items)
by klhonnoll updated 2014-01-03
- 2013 - New Fiction Titles(494 items)
by nblibrary updated 2014-01-02