Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Genre/Form:||Picture books for children
Stories without words
|Material Type:||Fiction, Primary school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||A wordless picture book.|
|Awards:||Caldecott Honor Book Award, 2014|
|Target Audience:||Ages 4-8.; Elementary Grade.|
|Description:||40 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 25 x 28 cm.|
A lonely girl draws a magic door on her bedroom wall and through it escapes into a world where wonder, adventure, and danger abound. Red marker in hand, she creates a boat, a balloon, and a flying carpet that carry her on a spectacular journey toward an uncertain destiny. When she is captured by a sinister emperor, only an act of tremendous courage and kindness can set her free. Can it also lead her home and to her heart's desire?
Retrieving notes about this item
- Loneliness in children -- Juvenile fiction.
- Doorways -- Juvenile fiction.
- Drawing -- Juvenile fiction.
- Magic drawings -- Juvenile fiction.
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction.
- Captivity -- Juvenile fiction.
- Quests (Expeditions) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Doors -- Fiction.
- Drawing -- Fiction.
- Magic -- Fiction.
- Stories without words.
- Loneliness in children.
- Magic drawings.
- Quests (Expeditions)
User lists with this item (35)
- Children's & Young Adult Books(358 items)
by BLCLibrary updated about 2 weeks ago
- Year 7 ROAD: Picture Books(33 items)
by genazzanolib updated 2017-03-20
- Year 7 ROAD: Picture Books(34 items)
by 60660 updated 2017-03-08
- Caldecott Honor Books(175 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2017-02-24
- New York Times Best Illustrated books 2005-2017(51 items)
by email@example.com updated 2017-02-21