Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||Mandy Retzlaff; Pat Retzlaff; Mandy Retzlaff|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780062204370 0062204378 9780062204394 0062204394|
|Description:||264 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm|
|Other Titles:||104 horses
One hundred four horses
Hundred and four horses
"Pat and Mandy Retzlaff lived a hard but satisfying farming life in Zimbabwe. Working all hours of the day on their sprawling ranch and raising three boisterous children, they savored the beauty of the veld and the diverse wildlife that grazed the meadows outside their dining room window. After their children, the couple's true pride and joy were their horses. But in early 2001, the Retzlaffs' lives were thrown into turmoil when armed members of President Robert Mugabe's War Veterans' Association began invading the farmlands owned by white Zimbabweans and violently reclaiming the land"--Dust jacket flap.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Retzlaff, Mandy.
- Retzlaff, Pat.
- Retzlaff, Mandy -- Family.
- Zimbabwe -- History -- 1980- -- Biography.
- Farmers -- Zimbabwe -- Biography.
- Land reform -- Social aspects -- Zimbabwe.
- Horse farms -- Zimbabwe -- Chinhoyi.
- Animal rescue -- Zimbabwe.
- Exiles -- Zimbabwe -- Biography.
- Exiles -- Mozambique -- Biography.