Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||406 pages ; 24 cm|
At 1:15 a.m, a Minnesota political fixer answers his doorbell. The next thing he knows, he's waking up on the floor of a moving car, lying on a plastic sheet, his body wet with blood. When the car stops, a voice says, "Hey, I think he's breathing," and another voice says, "Yeah? Give me the bat." And that's the last thing he ever knows. Lucas Davenport is investigating another case when the trail leads to the man's disappearance, then--very troublingly--to the Minneapolis police department itself, and then--most troublingly of all--to a woman who could give Machiavelli lessons. She has very definite ideas about the way the world should work, and the money, ruthlessness, and sheer will to make it happen. No matter who gets in the way.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Davenport, Lucas (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Private investigators -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Fiction.
- Minneapolis (Minn.) -- Fiction.
- Amerikanisches Englisch.
- Davenport, Lucas (Fictitious character)
- Private investigators.
- Minnesota -- Minneapolis.
User lists with this item (6)
- New Books - Altamaha Tech(251 items)
by altamahatechlibrary updated about 2 days ago
- 2013 - New Fiction Titles(494 items)
by nblibrary updated 2014-01-02
- Things to Check Out(35 items)
by cdyalpine updated 2013-09-25
- May 2013(8 items)
by MelissaDalke updated 2013-06-13
- Most popular additions for May 2013(100 items)
by jamesfitch updated 2013-06-01